Try Lilly Higgins''delicious alternative to cow's milk - add cacao to make a delicious dairy-free chocolate drink...
Homemade oat milk
YOU WILL NEED
1 cup oats
3 cups filtered water
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
a?pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
1. Rinse the oats well and place in a bowl, then cover with water. Leave for half an hour or overnight.?It'll make the oats less gluey, easier to digest and softer.
2. Rinse the oats really well again. Place the rinsed oats in a blender with the three cups of water. Blend till smooth and creamy.
3. Pour the oaty water through a very fine sieve. Use a wooden spoon to push the oat pulp as much as you can.
4. Pour the oat milk back into the blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz till smooth.
5. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days and shake well before using. It's perfect for smoothies and I often add cacao to make a really delicious chocolate milk.