It looks like it's going to be a while until we get to order our favourite dishes from Ireland's finest restaurants. So we thought we'd bring some fine dining to your kitchen table, in partnership with Kerrygold. This week, pastry chef Shane Smith, who has more than 20 years’ experience from some of the world’s finest restaurants, shares his recipe for mouth-watering jam drop cookies that are perfect for a weekend dessert in the comfort of your own home.
For the cookies
- 225g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 dash of vanilla essence
- 280g plain flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 100g berry jam
For the icing
- 150g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp water
For the cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 190C/170C fan / gas 5.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream the Kerrygold butter and sugar until light and pale in colour.
3. Scrape down the sides and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour, cornflour and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined leaving a soft dough.
6. Divide the dough into 24 balls (you can freeze the dough at this point if you wish to make a smaller batch).
7. Roll the dough between your hands to smooth out and place these balls on lined baking trays. Allow some distance between each cookie as they will spread during cooking.
8. Using the back of a teaspoon or a clean thumb, press into the centre of each cookie leaving a large indent. This will hold your jam. (Make sure there are no cracks as the jam will leak out)
9. Place these into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
10. Once rested and cold, spoon some berry jam into the centre of each cookie.
11. Place these into the pre-heated oven and bake for 11 minutes.
12. Once lightly golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Please take care at this point as the jam is extremely hot.
For the icing
1. When cooling, in a bowl whisk together the icing sugar and water to make a thick paste.
2. Using a fork you can drizzle the icing over the cold cookies and serve.
View this post on Instagram
Today, we've got a fun & delicious recipe from @chefshanesmith for the #AtHomeWithKerrygold series? Shane says 'These beautiful buttery jam drop cookies will be a hit in any household - perfect to make with kids, and adults. The one thing I can guarantee is they won't last long!' You can find the full recipe here: https://kerrygold.com/ie/recipes/kerrygold-jam-drop-cookies/ . . . . #kerrygold #butter #grassfed #instafood #foodie #kerrygoldbutter #grassfedbutter #healthyliving #realfood #ireland #recipe #instafood #cooking #delicious #healthy #homemade #recipes #foodlover #sweet #foodpics #baking #irishfood
Kerrygold’s new #AtHomeWithKerrygold series enlists the help of their favourite kitchen experts who have shared tried and tested recipes for you to make at home. From impressive brunch recipes, to date night hits and ideas on what to bake with kids there is something for everyone! Follow @KerrygoldIRL on Instagram for easy-to-follow video tutorials on each recipe.
Click here to view all of the recipes.