On Friday night I was having some friends over for dinner. On Friday afternoon I still had no idea what I was going to cook. By the time they arrived there was a big pot of Couldn’t-Be-More-Random curry on the stove, and no dessert.
I had to make something gluten-free (we have a coeliac in the gang), it had to be delicious, and I had to be fast. There were no GF flour substitutes in my cupboard, so against my mother’s advice (“whatever you do, don’t make up your own recipe”), I decided to make up my own recipe.
These beauts take about 10 minutes to make, another 15-25 to cook, and will probably take a lifetime to forget.
- 330g Dark Chocolate
- 150g Butter
- 5 Egg Whites
- 50g Brown Sugar
- Whisk egg whites until fluffy
- Melt butter and chocolate
- Mix the all the ingredients together
- Line a small-medium square tin with greaseproof paper
- Bake for 15-25 mins at 160 degrees Celsius
Main image via hendersonbrewing.com