Over 40% of Irish women have already switched from cow's milk to plant-based alternatives, and it's easy to see why. Not only can innocent dairy free drinks be added to our favourite teas, coffees and cereal; they can also be used in any recipe as a substitute for dairy (with the added bonus of a delicious, nutty flavour).
The new range of innocent almond, hazelnut and oat drinks are free from additives, stabilisers and funny business. What's more, they're low in saturated fats and are a source of vitamin E. With that in mind, we’ve found four tasty recipes in which you can enjoy innocent's dairy free goodness.
- 45g porridge oats
- 120ml of either innocent hazelnut, almond, or oat drink
- One tsp chia seeds
- Fresh blueberries
- One chopped banana
- Mix oats, chia seeds and innocent dairy free drink in a bowl or Tupperware dish
- Add in the berries and banana in layers
- Cover with Tupperware lid or clingfilm and refrigerate overnight, allowing oats to soften
- Enjoy cold for up to five days
- 1 cup strong, brewed coffee
- Half cup innocent oat drink
- Cinnamon or chocolate powder to shake on top
- Heat your innocent oat drink in a small saucepan on low heat. Once warmed, whisk briskly and constantly to create a foam.
- Pour foamed oat drink slowly into your brewed coffee.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or chocolate powder; serve and enjoy.
Hazelnut and blueberry ice-pops
Your innocent hazelnut drink can double as a tasty snack, suitable for all the family.
- 150g blueberries
- 230ml innocent hazelnut drink
- One tbsp date syrup (to sweeten)
- Half a frozen banana (for a creamy texture)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into ice-pop moulds, add sticks and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the moulds and enjoy.
Dairy free flapjacks
- 150ml innocent oat milk
- 150g porridge oats
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Handful of raisins
- Handful of sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together, then place mixture into a tin lined with greaseproof paper
- Bake until golden brown
- Cut into portions and serve.