I bet you forgot it was a long weekend, didn't you? REJOICE, because it is! ?And that means treating yourself by way of this easy-to-make?Gin Fizz?cocktail (created by Si?cra and Catherine Fulvio) in honour of this momentous occasion. It's zesty and refreshing and you can make it in bulk for a big shindig or for just one or two - either way, it will be seriously enjoyed. ?Best bit: This only requires a few steps to recreate at home.
Makes 1 cocktail
For the sugar syrup
150g Si?cra granulated sugar
2 large sprigs mint
For the cocktail
30ml mint sugar syrup
2 mint sprigs
3 or 4 blueberries
2 to 3 lemon slices, to decorate
Mint sprigs, to decorate
Sparkling water or Indian tonic water, to top up
Si?cra Caster Sugar, for the rim of the glass?
To make the sugar syrup
- Place Si?cra Granulated Sugar and water into a saucepan, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat.? Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes until a syrup forms.
- Take it off the heat and add the mint sprigs and leave to infuse in the syrup until it is cold before taking them out.
To decorate the rim of the glass
- Using a small brush with a little water, brush around the rim and dip into Si?cra Caster Sugar and leave to dry for 10 minutes.
To prepare the cocktail
- Using a medium size glass, pour the gin and mint sugar syrup into the glass, add the mint sprigs and blueberries.
- Add a few ice cubes and the slices of lemon.
- Top up with sparkling water or Indian tonic water.
- Decorate with a sprig of mint.
Tip: The remaining mint sugar syrup is perfect for making more cocktails, but it is also delicious swirled into whipped cream and drizzled over fresh fruit.?