There are few better ways to facilitate the good vibes than by getting the girls together for a catch-up; be it over a delicious brunch, a glass of vino, or indeed a cosy cup of tea in your PJ’s.
However, although we might spend lots of time enjoying our friends’ company, there often remains a lot of key information we don’t know about our pals - what their hopes are for the future; their favourite memories from the past; their guilty pleasures; their spirit animal…
In fact, it’s all too easy to go through life without really getting to know our closest friends, and this is simply because we don’t ask the right questions. To combat this, we have compiled a list of 30 questions that are sure to facilitate some top quality bonding, get the warm and fuzzies going, and maybe even provoke a few tears (the good kind).
So save this list for the next gathering you have with your girlfriends - it’s a brilliant way to pass time and you’ll come away loving your pals even more than you already do now. Promise.
30 questions to ask your friends
- You’re on Death Row and you are allowed to pick one main dish, one dessert and one drink before you die. What do you choose?
- If money was not an issue, what would your dream job be?
- What is everyone in the group’s spirit animal?
- What is your worst or best date experience?
- If you could live in any country for the rest of your life (other than the one you’re currently living in), which would you choose?
- What's your favourite smell in the whole world?
- Has anyone in the group ever had ghost/ paranormal experiences? Do you even believe in that stuff?
- What is your all-time favourite movie?
- What are your dreams/ goals for the future?
- If you had to pick a celebrity to play the role of you in “The Movie of Your Life”, who would you choose?
- What is the most embarrassing situation you’ve ever found yourself in?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Are there any foods that you absolutely, positively hate?
- What is your worst drunken experience?
- What are your favourite baby names?
- What's the biggest lesson you've ever learned in love?
- If you were to host a dinner party with four famous people (they can be alive or dead), who would you pick?
- What's your biggest guilty pleasure?
- Do you think you are like your zodiac sign?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- How many kids would you like? Or do you want kids at all?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Who's your inspirational girl crush?
- What would you tell your 13-year-old self if you could talk to her now?
- Would you ever consider plastic surgery?
- What were you going to be named if you weren't called X?
- What's your favourite or earliest childhood memory?
- If you had to have a catch-phrase or live motto, what would it be?
- What have been your high and low points of this past year?
- Go around in a circle and say three positives things about each person in the group, one at a time
More like this:
How to be a good travel companion (and how not to ruin your friendship along the way)... Read here
There’s a certain beauty in making new friends as an adult... Read here
That's what new friends are for... Read here