We're as partial to the colour pop as the next person, but nothing will ever really be as cool as black, and playing with texture, finish and form can result in a truly elegant look. Here are five must-have monochrome items to bring your bathroom back into the black...
1. Dark light. Turn shower time into a pure luxury with some atmospheric lighting, such as the Axor LampShower by Nendo, €1,937.25, TileStyle.
2. Beautiful bathing. Swedish brand Terrible Twins initially grabbed our attention with its graphic packaging, but we're now loving the range for its ?no shortcuts, only pure craftsmanship? approach, from €21, Nordic Elements and Seven Wood.
3. Black beauty. A magnifying mirror is the secret to good eyebrows, and we're currently coveting this monochrome option, around €53, Bloomingville.
4. Soap smart. An honest example of form following function, this soap dish is handmade by visually impaired craftspeople, and reads 'soap? in Braille, €34.22, Folklore.
5. Rustic stone Ideal for walls or floors, these Negra Venetian stone tiles are a real find for their natural variation of tone and texture, around €2.29 each or €228.68 per square metre, Fired Earth.