News has reached us that Sienna Miller and Chloe Sevigny are going to be in Ireland over the summer to film Whit Stillman's adaptation of an unpublished Jane Austen book entitled Lady Susan. As if this weren't enough news to digest, the film is going to be entitled Jane Austen's Love And Friendship, which makes us wonder what the nature of the relationship between Chloe and Sienna might be, particularly given their respective taste for off-beat movies? In any case we have our camouflage gear and binoculars at the ready to stalk this girl power twosome in the months to come, no matter how far away the set might be. We love Sienna, but I personally, have an obsession with Chloe Sevigny as she is my indie-darling par excellence. So here are 6 reasons why I will be following her around the country like a lovesick puppy??
- Chloe Does Chloe When the fashion house made its big comeback in the summer of 2009, Chloes Sevigny rocked those creams and beiges like there was no tomorrow. I used to pick up magazines simply because I knew I would find an image of her sporting one of those blazer and shorts combos with the rounded finishings. Adore.
- Vogueing Even before she hit the Hollywood jackpot she was famous for her fashion sense, and she was known for being a hipster in the late 90's when there were only five of them. High-waist, big blazers, jumpsuits, red lipstick - she did it all and was often copied. She's designed before (most famously for Opening Ceremony) and she will be doing more soon.
- Chloes Don't Cry Never forget how fresh and fierce she was in Boys Don't Cry. Hilary Swank won the show, but it catapulted Chloe into being the queen of American indie movies that she is today.
- Legs Legs Legs She has very long nice legs and we enjoy looking at them. There's very little to add.
- Outspoken She gets in trouble all the time for speaking her own mind articulately and often polemically, most famously in the case of her 2003 movie The?Brown Bunny which saw her dumped by her agent for taking on and defending a role that was exceedingly sexually explicit. Then again she got in trouble for repeatedly publicly criticizing the writers of Big Love, the series about a Mormon community that she starred in for four years.
- Harmony Harmony Korine and Chloe Sevigny were the far-out-there It couple of the 90's, what with her starring in his cult classics such as Kids and Gummo (for which she also designed the costumes). They set the cool-couple bar impossibly high, and it's debatable whether anyone will ever scale those peaks again...
Roisin Agnew @Roxeenna