04th Oct 2014
A sophisticated soup for using up leftover chicken, courtesy of our cookery editor, Lesley Tumulty?
Wild green chicken broth
This is an adaptation of Rory O’Connell’s watercress, sorrel and wild leek broth. For this recipe I’ve used wild leek and puntarelle (an Italian chicory related to radicchio and endive), which was growing wild in my allotment, as well as chicken scraps.
YOU WILL NEED
* 1 ltr of chicken stock
* 100g wild leeks
* bunch of puntarelle (dandelion greens, cabbage, kale or spring onions work equally well)
* salt and pepper
1. Pour your chicken stock into a pot and bring it to a simmer.
2. Add in your wild greens, and any scraps of chicken that you can scavenge from the carcass.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve with slices of brown bread.
Can’t eat bread? Don’t fret. Check out this fancy paleo bread recipe that’s delicious and totally doesn’t count.
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.
Kate Garraway’s devastating Covid story is a reminder of why...
Check out three of our favourite vegan/veggie-friendly spots in Dublin...