06th Apr 2016
Denim may be a classic staple, but the way we choose to wear it is hugely personal. Decide which denim diva you’ll be this season.
For Downtown Girls
If you’re one of those arty types who loves to hang out in Dublin’s creative quarter and acquire quirky finds in independent boutiques, this is the denim story you’ll be buying into for spring. Unleash your inner artiste by embellishing your denim in your own unique style.
- Applique detail jeans. DSquared2,?785 at farfetch.com
- Sleeveless A-line denim shift with print detail,?340 at Victoria Beckham
- ?Studded denim mini skirt, Miu Miu ?750 at net-a-porter.com
Denim Tip: the unexpected pairing of an old-school denim skirt, complete with jeans rivets, with a glamorous maxi skirt looks fresh and modern.
For Retro Queens
If the 1970s moves your sartorial spirit, then you’ll be lusting after this season’s patchwork, or DIY denim trend. How to avoid looking like you’re living on Walton’s Mountain? Simply match your patchwork with high impact accessories.
- Blue denim patchwork heeled boots,?120 at River Island
- Patchwork denim skirt, Current/Elliot ?330 at matchesfashion.com
- Patchwork printed denin vest, SEA ?668 at net-a-porter.com
Vintage Denim: pick up great vintage denim at ASOS Marketplace, Denim Refinery, Urban Renewal at Urban Outfitters and Nine Crows on Dublin’s Ormond Quay Lower.
For Quirky Classicists
You like sharp silhouettes and quintessential shapes, but with a bit of a twist, so frayed denim fits your style and sensibilities perfectly. Choose classic pieces reimagined in denim but with a subtle ?yet stylish frayed trim.
- Patch pocket culottes with frayed trim, ?370 at Victoria Beckham
- Boxy frayed denim top ?40 at Next
- Frayed-edge denim jacket, Tomas Maier, ?780 at matchesfashion.com
This article originally appeared in the April issue of IMAGE Magazine – pick up more denim tips there.
These days, going to a wedding is the equivalent of going on a short holiday in terms of cost. From...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...
Not everyone was happy about the Duchess of Sussex getting involved in US politics. But her letter on behalf of...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...
Annie Gatling, now Colleran, knew Trinity College was for her when she saw Front Gate from the top storey of...