‘Tis the season for a festive tipple with this delicious mulled cider recipe
We’re still on our Christmas holidays, and enjoying all the food and drink we’re going to have well into New Year’s Day — especially this delicious mulled cider recipe that we’re going to be remaking every day this week
Mulled wine and cider are some of our favourite festive treats this time of year — the warming cinnamon and the kick of alcohol is the perfect recipe for a great night in (or out).
With this delicious recipe, courtesy of Drinks Ireland|Cider, we’ll be set up for the next two weeks of party season — it’s sure to be a hit with all of your guests, including those picky cousins who are never happy with their turkey dinner.
- 1 litre of Highbank Medieval Cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 pomegranate, juice and seed of
- 1 orange, juice of and rind for serving
- 4-5 tbsp of golden sugar
- Pop the cider into a large pan on a low heat and allow to warm up for a few minutes.
- Add all the spices and juices and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- As everything is mulling begin to taste and add sugar to achieve your desired sweetness.
- When you are happy, serve in a beautiful cup with a rind of orange for decoration.
Read more: Mum-to-be? 6 festive foods to avoid if you’re pregnant this Christmas
Read more: 10 Christmas shopping pit stops dotted around Dublin city centre
Read more: 10 tempting hot chocolate spots to try during cold weather
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
If you find yourself suffering with symptoms like cramping, sore...
Failure is a natural element of the cycle of life....
Siobhan Kearney murder: ‘People have suggested I move on. But I can’t. You cannot be expected to forget a life force’
“He strangled my sister. He tried to disguise it as...
Jennifer McShane celebrates the classic films of her childhood that made...
It was on this day, January 17th, 1998, when news...