24th Jan 2016
Yes, we’re still enduring the month of January, but it needn’t be all doom and gloom because with the prospect of the first month of the year comes the eager anticipation of our first trip away. There’s nothing about getaway planning that isn’t exciting: from booking seats to buying a new holiday wardrobe (a must, naturally) – ?even the mere thought of changing currency has us giddy. However, before the bag packing begins, you?have to know where to?go. If you’re still on the fence about where to set off on your adventures for 2016, this travel survey from?Airbnb may provide you with inspiration.
Airbnb released its lists of the top ?Wish Listed? properties and destinations by users on the travel site. This feature allows guests to save their favourite listings. To compile the survey results, they?looked at the kinds of listings people were saving, going back to 2012 when the site launched, and compiled the top 10 locations they would most like to venture to. Top of the list was a magical treehouse in Georgia in the US, which we’ve already earmarked for ourselves. And yes, you can stay in an actual seashell house. The?bulk of choices?are likely based on places people?yearn’to go to?opposed to having actually stayed in’them, but isn’t that the magic?of wanderlust?
Below is the full list of top ten places, which you can?stay in if you so wish.
1. Secluded Intown Treehouse in Atlanta, Georgia
2. The Seashell House, Casa Caracol in Mexico
3. Casa Barthel in Tuscany, Italy
4. Unique Cob Cottage in Mayne Island, BC, Canada
5. Aroma(n)tica Treehouse in Monferrato in San Salvatore Monferrato, Alessandria, Italy
6. Mushroom Dome Cabin in Aptos, CA
7. Pirates of the Caribbean Getaway in Topanga Canyon, CA
8. Balian Treehouse with private pool in Bali
9. Brand New Mini Loft in Rome, Italy
10. Off the Gridit House, in Pioneertown, CA
Will you be taking a trip to any of these destinations in 2016?
See the full study here
Pictures via Airbnb
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...
What’s seldom is truly wonderful, writes Amanda Cassidy Dublin Zoo...
For Mother's Day Lia Hynes sits down with Rosanna Davidson, whose exceptional journey into motherhood has given many hope.
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities...
The documentary Miss Americana has shown a different side to...