18th Oct 2014
We?re just potty about this super-handy plan-ahead bread?
?This recipe breaks all the rules of bread-making. It can be a scary-looking and messy recipe, but it works. It’s very simple, but you will need to do some preparation the night before.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 kilo of strong white flour
- 1 ltr tepid water
- 1 tbsp fast-action dried yeast
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, in the order listed above (this is very important).
- Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, bring your bowl to room temperature and preheat your oven to 200-220?C/gas mark 6-7.
- For simple loaves, divide your mixture between two heavily floured baking trays and cook for approximately one hour, which will yield two very generous loaves.
- To make individual bread pots, butter and flour as many terracotta pots as you want to fill, and put approximately 50g of the dough into each pot. These should only take around 20 minutes to cook. Any leftover dough can be baked in a greased and floured loaf tin.
Tip Place an oven-proof dish filled with cold water at the bottom of the oven. This creates steam and will give you a nice crust.
Can?t eat bread? Don?t fret. Check out this fancy paleo bread recipe that?s totally delicious and totally doesn?t count.
These days, going to a wedding is the equivalent of going on a short holiday in terms of cost. From...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
“I was confused. Hadn’t I just been told this was a perfect time to be pregnant?” she questioned. Actress Cortney...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost, but you need the right equipment, and a lot of...