21st Sep 2017
Culture Night takes place, tomorrow, Friday,?September 22?and sees over 300 venues participating, creating more than 600 events for people to enjoy in Dublin – including more than a few things for the kids to enjoy. And because you’ve enough to be thinking about, Aptaclub.ie and Culture Night Co-Ordinator Aim?e van Wylick have narrowed down the events that can be enjoyed by everyone; these particular five?are worth heading to if you’re taking your little ones along.
1. Chester Beatty Library, Dublin:?An evening of family storytelling, inspired by the Library’s Collection, attendees will be entranced by the Persian Book of Kings. Listen to tales of kings, dragons and princesses and the battles between good and evil. The family storytelling is at 6:15pm. Take a guided tour of the Library’s treasures at 6.30pm, 7.30pm, 8.30pm or pick up a family pack/drawing pack.
Time 5pm?10pm | Address Dame St, D2 | Web www.?cbl.ie
2. Dublin City Gallery, The Hugh Lane:?The Hugh Lane will celebrate an evening of culture with vocal performances, speed touring, family workshops and a film screening of The Ocean After Nature.
Time 5pm?10pm | Address Charlemont House, Parnell Square North, D1 | Web?hughlane.ie
3. Gallery Zozimus: Artists Mary Conroy & Kate O?Kelly present a family-friendly workshop. They will use 2D flat-pattern paper nets to construct geometric 3D shapes to create personalized, decorated paper forms that participants can take home. There will also be a Play With Clay area for all the family to enjoy.
4. Cregan Library, DCU:?Take an English or Irish language tour, and enjoy the stunning panoramic views of Dublin city from the top ?oor of the library. View an exhibition of rare books from the special collections. Enjoy author readings and talks by DCU staff, as well as events and competitions.
Time 5pm?9pm | Address DCU St. Patrick’s, Campus, Drumcondra, D9 | Web?dcu.ie/library
5. Dublin Castle:?The historic walls of the castle will reverberate with music, comedy, poetry, and theatre. Attendees can also enjoy a number of talks, workshops, and live radio recordings.
Time 5pm?10pm | Address Dublin Castle, Dame St, D2 | Web?dublincastle.ie?-?rte.ie/culture
For the full list of events and activities happening around the country for this year’s Culture Night visit?https://culturenight.ie/.
Painting kitchen cabinets can be transformative and can be achieved relatively low-cost,...
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
For Mother's Day Lia Hynes sits down with Rosanna Davidson, whose exceptional journey into motherhood has given many hope.
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...