These are the 24 Irish restaurants featured on Michelin’s Bib Gourmand list
28th Sep 2018
This year’s much-coveted Michelin Bib Gourmand list has just been announced, with four new Irish restaurants making the list; Clanbrassil House (Dublin); Tartare Café & Wine Bar (Galway); Brownes (Galway) and Dillon’s (Cork).
There are now 24 Irish restaurants featured.
The ‘Bib’ is awarded to restaurants that offer exceptional food at affordable prices of €40 or less for a three-course meal. The list is separate from the Michelin Star awards, which will be announced next week.
The Irish entries on the list stem from all over the country, with 10 from Dublin, two from Galway, two from Kerry and five from Northern Ireland, amongst many others.
The list in full will be published in Michelin’s Great Britain & Ireland 2019 Guide, which will be available in bookshops from October 4th.
Here’s the full list of Irish entries:
- 1826 Adare (Adare, Limerick)
- Aldridge Lodge (Duncannon, Wexford)
- Bar+Grill (James’ Street South, Belfast)
- Bastible (South Circular Road, Dublin)
- Bastion (Kinsale, Cork)
- Brownes (Tuam, Galway)
- Chart House (Dingle, Kerry)
- Clanbrassil House (Clanbrassil Street, Dublin)
- Clenaghans Restaurant (Aghalee, Antrim)
- Copper Hen (Tramore, Waterford)
- Craft (Terenure, Dublin)
- Deanes at Queen’s (Belfast, Down)
- Delahunt (Camden Street, Dublin)
- Dillon’s (Timoleague, Cork)
- Etto (Merrion Row, Dublin)
- Fontana (Holywood, Down)
- Forest & Marcy (Ranelagh, Dublin)
- Giovannelli (Killorglin, Kerry)
- Home (Wellington Place, Belfast)
- Kai (Galway City)
- Morrissey’s (Doonbeg, Clare)
- Noble (Holywood, Down)
- Pichet (Trinity Street, Dublin)
- Pigeon House (Clontarf, Dublin)
- Pig’s Ear (Nassau Street, Dublin)
- Richmond (Portobello, Dublin)
- Sha-Roe Bistro (Clonegal, Carlow)
- Tartare Café & Wine Bar (Galway City)
- The Courthouse (Carrickmacross, Monaghan)
- TwoCooks (Sallins, Kildare)
- Wine & Brine (Moira, Down)
Actress Julianne Moore is tired of all the cliched tropes about female ageing. The way we speak about it; the...
This summer the government will allow my children into a bar, but not to their gymnastics camp. Amanda Cassidy on...
With Father’s Day just around the corner (this Sunday 20h June, so yes, you do have time to buy yours...
It may be the most unifying show on television, but shows like Love Island are promoting some pretty damaging messages....
Wimbledon in 2021 and once again female athletes are singled out on the playing field, a great deal of the...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...