So you’ve gotten engaged over the festive season! Congratulations! It is such a momentous life occasion and over the Christmas break, the celebrations are already under way. Now that the holidays are over and we are back to the land of reality, it is time to start putting your dreams into shape. We enlist the help of Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel Wedding Co-Ordinator, Zuzana Hasler, to put your newly engaged minds at ease…
1. Prioritise! When choosing your wedding venue decide together what are your priorities – is it location, the style of the venue, the quality of food and service? When you are looking for your perfect setting, this list will really help you to decide on the right venue for you!
2. Number Crunch: Sit down together and put together a rough guest list to give yourselves a realistic guideline. Use this time to decide on a realistic budget for your wedding.
3. Research – For many, organising weddings is not something that you do too often and newly engaged couples will often seek advice and suggestions from family, friends and colleagues who have either gotten married or attended a wedding in a certain venue. Online reviews are a great source of information also.
4. Just the two of you! Remember that this day is about the two of you – involve your partner as much as possible in the decisions and themes – the day should reflect both your personalities and style. You can ask for opinions but do not let parents or anyone else make decisions. This is your wedding day and organising it should be fun for booth of you!
5. Wedding Shows and Exhibitions – there are a few held throughout the year in Ireland. This is a great opportunity to meet with many wedding suppliers – transport, photography, d?cor, etc. It will give you a great idea of what you can do and many exhibitors will hold special promotions and discounts at these exhibitions.
6. Music Maestro – Music is of paramount importance at any wedding – from the ceremony to arrival drinks to the dancing at the end of the night! The music you select will set the tone to your day – literally! Always go to see the wedding band perform live before you book them – it is great to see promotion videos but only first-hand experience will tell you if they are the band for your special day!
7. The Photographer – ensure that you pick someone that you can trust – the day itself will pass so quickly for you. A good photographer will capture the moments of the day that will last forever. When you are choosing a venue – consider both indoor and outdoor options for your shots!
8. Food for thought: when it comes to your wedding tasting at the venue – remember it is not a family dinner. Too many opinions lead to confusion and you could end up choosing a menu that you never wanted!
9. Surprize! Do not tell your guests too much about the wedding details – it is much more fun and exciting to come to a wedding as a guest not knowing what to expect!
10. Stress. Do not let the stress take away enjoyment from the wedding. Remember, not everything must be perfect. As long as you and your guests enjoy themselves it is a perfect day.