By now hopefully you’ll have read all about Galway’s hottest spots in our brand-new issue, on shelves now! (If not, run out and buy it – we promise you won’t regret it!) Then settle back with your mag and this utterly delicious spicy, warming Christmassy cocktail from vibrant new venue Tribeton…
Rosemary, rum and orange-infused Cloud Picker coffee cocktail
Makes 1 delicious drink (tip: you need to infuse your coffee the day before you want to serve this)
YOU WILL NEED
Colours coffee blend from Dublin micro-roastery Cloud Picker, infused with fresh orange and grapefruit (see method, below)
1 measure Havana 7 rum
3/4 measure Irish Mist whiskey liqueur
1/2 measure orgeat syrup
sprig of rosemary, to garnish
1 egg white
The lofty interior of Tribeton; Fionn Doyle making the coffee cocktail (photography: Nathalie Marquez Courtney).
1. Make the Cloud Picker coffee either in a French press (for ground coffee) or a coffee machine (wholebean).
2. Infuse the coffee for 24 hours with fresh orange and grapefruit.
3. In a champagne glass, mix the coffee with 1 measure of Havana seven-year-old rum and a 3/4 measure of Irish Mist. a 1/2 measure of orgeat syrup A dash of Cranberry bitters Served in a coupe. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
4. Add a 1/2 measure of orgeat syrup (or sugar syrup
) to sweeten and a dash of cranberry bitters.
5. Shake with ice and egg white.
6. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and serve!