Today sees the start of Showcase 2014, the first big craft, gift, fashion and interiors fair of the year. Now in its 38th year, the creative expo will feature over 435 exhibitors, including lots of great interior design talent, from ceramics through to textiles – we’ve picked out some highlights, which are definitely worth checking out if you’re planning a visit.
1. Look out for Northern Irish artist Danielle Morgan of Flax Fox with her fun and colourful collection of prints, postcards, tea towels and t-shirts featuring screen-printed landmarks and buildings.
2. Cloth merchants 31 Chapel Lane will be showcasing their range of fine Irish linen and tweed, all sourced from Irish linen mills and weavers.
3. For bright and contemporary homewares, including sweet wool felt napkin rings, check out eco-loving Green Gorgeous.
4. The fun vintage-inspired designs of RetroEire pay homage to Dublin landmarks and traditions, such as the Poolbeg towers and Dun Laoghaire’s famous Teddy’s ice cream.
5. Beautifully hand turned wooden objects by Matt Jones such as his elegant vases made from native Irish wood are big hits at Makers & Brothers.
Showcase 2014 takes place in the RDS Main Hall in Dublin this January from Sunday 19-Wednesday 22.