A few well-chosen words can lift a mood and a room. Try a quote print dotted among photographs and paintings, or enlarge it as much as you dare and hang it alone for bold impact. However you decide to display it, choose one that inspires you. Here’s our edit of smart, sassy and sage words to hang in your home or workspace.
1. Sound advice from the wise ones at Dusty Boy Designs. We love the pop of colour. Colour coordinate the frame or opt for simple white to let the words shine.
2. Smart stuff with a bold brushstrokes, this Taylor Swift riff is a winner for any teen’s bedroom – or for grown-up Swifties. See similar styles at Wanelo.
3. This one work with any colour scheme. For a clean look stick with a black frame or if you’re feeling playful, try turquoise or hot pink.
4. Monochrome magic for all the multi-taskers… Admit it, you’re reading this and doing something else, aren’t you? Ideal inspiration for a home office, find similar styles on Etsy.
5. Pay homage to the year that’s in it and add a splash of mustard courtesy of Homebound. Find it and other rousing quotes from Irish icons at Jam Art Prints.
6. Oscar Wilde knows. Perfectly precise as is, hang it black or white or try a patterned mount for added impact. Find it at ebookfriendly.
7. Instruction that we can get on board with. A lovely reminder to put the screen away and get some shuteye. Check out more calligraphy prints at Edye and Ethel.
8. Small words, big impact. Like the sentiment but not the shade? See Gillian Tracey Design for a classic black and white alternatives.
9. Posted by the Anton Kern Gallery as a hat tip to David Shrigley being shortlisted for the Turner Prize, this wonderfully kitschy print is an instant uplift.
10. Art needn’t be highbrow, it should speak of the things you love. And if that’s a good taco then so be it. Hello Typo has a similar option.
11. Wise words from Irish designer Rachel Corcoran which would add a personal touch to any bathroom.