Nothing beats long, lazy lie-ins with endless coffees and books. Be inspired to upscale your sanctuary with our pick of the best nests.
1. Think wood flooring won’t work in a bedroom? Think again: Warm walnuts, pale maple, rich oak flooring all feel fabulous underfoot.
2. Slip gently off to the land of nod with a soothing pastel palette. Pale grey is accented with a sliver of old rose.
3. Go bold. This mix of Aztec patterns with strong stripes works by sticking to a couple of core colours. Carry them theme through bedding and accessories.
4. Who says blue is a cold colour? This icy shade is anything but frosty. By cleverly painting furniture in the same colour, they blend in seamlessly making interiors look bigger.
5. Need more light? Brave it and knock through. This window serves as a feature for both rooms while still being functional.
6. A carefully chosen panel of wallpaper can produce a beautiful feature wall. Large wood sheeting sits comfortably within the colour scheme.
7. Think beyond the obvious for bedroom storage. This old-school radiator is deep enough to hold your night-time reads.
8. Add a pop of colour. This gorgeous green bed frame is allowed to shine by keeping bedding and walls neutral.
9. Warm up cold Irish morning with layers of texture: Wool, faux fur, leather and linen are a rich, luxurious mix.
Header image is from A Cup of Jo’s gorgeous California House Tour.