YSL Beauty announced earlier on in the week that Edie Campbell is to be the face for a brand new Yves Saint Laurent fragrance launching this September. YSL Beauty general manager explained how Edie was a natural choice.
“Edie embodies all the contemporary codes of the Yves Saint Laurent Beauté woman: elegant, cultivated, spirited – she is a model with attitude.”
We agree with Slimane whole-heartedly, as Edie has long been on our list of favourite models. Her attitude, her English rose look, her style, and her dramatically gothic transformation, all tick a variety of mental boxes for us. So here’s 5 reasons why Edie Campbell floats our boat.
- 2013 the year of the Edie She appeared on the covers of Vogue Uk, Vogue Italia, and Vogue Germany, as well as being awarded the Model of the Year award by Tim Walker at the British Fashion Awards. She also opened the last Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton show in October of last year.
- Light to Dark When she first appeared on the modeling circuit she was instantly recognizable for her luscious long locks and fringe that draped around her face in a very retro, 1970’s way. A few years in, and she was given the rookie-model-initiation procedure, and cut her hair to a short black crop. Her current looks is audacious and high fashion, perfect for Saint Laurent’s current overhaul.
- Horsey Edie is apparently a keen jockey and won Glorious Goodwood in 2011
- Mag Cultcha Reportedly she has a flair and interest for magazines, having written for Harper’s Bazaar last year, and with LOVE magazine reporting that she is going to be one of their contributing editors for Autumn 2014.
- Velvet We have oft reported on our partiality for velvet. Edie has combined her fresh baby-faced beauty with velvet ever since she first emerged, and we love her for it.
Roisin Agnew @Roxeenna