Is the world of finance a labyrinth to you? Still clueless as to what a variable rate is? Is burning bank statements in your parents fireplace your second-favourite when-at-home activity after raiding the full fridge?
Well, turns out a part of you knew learning all that money stuff was potentially a waste of brain space. You’d have been better off buying a Birkin bag. Turns out the iconic Hermes handbag is one of the savviest financial investments out there. Here are the astounding sums from Baghunter:
- A Birkin bag increases in value by 14.2% on average, that’s better than most stocks.
- Business Insider says that the bag has increased in value by a very impressive 500% in the past 35 years.The value of current bags in expected to double in the next decade.
- They have never decreased – unlike gold.
- The myth of the Birkin is helped by the fact Hermes control the amount of bags made every year, making the bag a highly desired commodity. The bag is also only sold to special clients of Hermes.
- However, getting your hand on a Birkin is a tad difficult, even without the whole wating list issue. First, the bags cost well over €9000 and that’s a conservative figure when you hear the story of the Birkin that sold for around €200,000 at auction last year.
So next time tears into you for not being the savviest with the piggy bank, just say you’re giving some serious consideration to investing. In a bag.
Via Business Insider