We’ve already spoken about some of our favourite beauty looks of the week from the red carpet, but actress Lily James had everyone talking after she stepped out to the premiere of her latest film, Pride And Prejudice And Zombies.
She wore an incredible floral Alexander McQueen gown and her make-up and hair evoked a modern-day Veronica Lake; the epitome of old Hollywood glamour.
Her hair and make-up are surprisingly easy to recreate, below is a step-by-step guide:
- Apply a pea-size amount of blow-dry control cream through your dry hair (once washed, obviously) to create a smooth base for styling – Kérastase’s Crème de la Crème is ideal – and focus on the midlengths and ends of hair in particular.
- Using a straightener or hair wand, curl over and under the hair, creating a very soft wave. Interchange curling towards your face and away to create more volume.
- When finished, comb through the hair to soften the waves and give them extra bounce.
- Set the hair using a weightless hairspray. We love L’Oreal Paris Elnett Volume Excess Hairspray, as you get strong hold without a hard texture on your locks.
James’ look is simple with a bold lip as she’s letting the dress take centre stage.
- Start with a dewy foundation, gently buffing it onto the skin. We have many favourites, but here, Chanel Vitalumière Aquais is perfect.
- Take a loose powder and dab it on your oily zones only (t-zone) as you’re going for a natural look here so nothing too heavy or harsh.
- Take a cream, dusty-pink blush, adding this to the apples of your cheeks. NARS The Multiple is a good option.
- Keep eyeshadow minimal (the focus should be on the lip) and add two coats of mascara to really bring out the eyes – we love L’Oréal Feline Volume Million Lashes mascara or any of these.
- Finally, James is wearing a strong orange-red lipstick by Charlotte Tilbury from her Matte Revolution range in 1975 Red.