There’s something a little bit wonderful about this season’s beauty. The changing light and falling leaves call for something that’s polished but soft, and slightly undone; above all, wearability is key.
But the Christmas collections are coming, so before we’re all decked out in glitter and glitz, snap up the best of the autumn collections. Our top five picks are all on counter now.
1. With its edit of flattering neutrals, Clarins’ Ladylike Collection is one of the best in class. The Ombre Matte shadows, €22, are standouts; little glass pots of cream-to-powder shadow in six chic, but effortless, shades.
2. Let there be light with Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick in Sandstone, an old classic in a limited shade and chic tortoiseshell case. This palette of warm, bronzey neutrals, €42.50, has a transformative effect on dull and tired complexions.
3. YSL has all lip bases covered with its Black Fetish autumn collection. Four new creamy, opaque shades of Rouge Pur Couture The Mats are on offer: a soft berry (Rose Perfecto) perfect pink (Fuchsia Fétiche), vibrant red (Red Rhythm) and creamy nude (Nude Acoustic). The modern matte formula is so good that you’ll probably want them all. €33
4. With the focus elsewhere, autumn cheeks should be subtle – but low-key can also be fun. Clinique’s Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balms, €24, are playful, convenient and nigh-on impossible to get wrong. Just swipe and blend for a natural, healthy flush.
5. Not tried Chanel’s new Rouge Allure glosses? Cherie, you’re missing out. Silky, pigmented and with its elegant push-up packaging, lipgloss has never felt so luxe. Audace, a plummy neutral, is perfect for autumn; it’s also limited, so you’d best be quick.
Emma Henderson @fluffyblog